National Oilwell Varco to Supply Equipment for Transocean Drillship
National Oilwell Varco, Inc. reported that it was chosen to provide a comprehensive package of drilling equipment for a drillship to be constructed in South Korea. National Oilwell Varco, L.P., the Company's wholly-owned subsidiary, entered into a contract with Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering Co., Ltd., which will fabricate the vessel for a subsidiary of Transocean, Inc. The drillship is expected to be delivered in 2009.
“We are very pleased that Transocean and Daewoo have selected our equipment and technology for this highly advanced drillship,” said Pete Miller, chairman, president, and CEO of National Oilwell Varco. “The equipment package we will be providing under this contract is almost identical to the package we agreed to provide Transocean and Daewoo under a separate contract entered into during the second quarter of this year for the drillship Discoverer Clear Leader, which is also expected to be delivered in 2009. These two packages have a combined value of approximately $280 million and we are excited about the confidence Transocean and Daewoo have placed in us by choosing us to provide these comprehensive drilling equipment packages.”
National Oilwell Varco is a worldwide leader in the design, manufacture, and sale of equipment and components used in oil and gas drilling and production operations, the provision of oilfield services, and supply chain integration services to the upstream oil and gas industry.
Manages 46 Offshore Rigs
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
- Newcomer Borr Scoops Up Transocean Rigs For $1.4B As Dealmaking Heats Up (Mar 20)
Company: Daewoo more info
- Woodside Discovers Gas at Thalin-1A Well Offshore Myanmar (Feb 12)
- Deep-Sea Plan Fails, Leaving Korean Shipyards Struggling (Jul 27)
- Daewoo Names New Chief After Ex-CEO Quits Over Myanmar Gas Sale Spat (Jun 17)
Company: National Oilwell Varco more info
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
- Shale Drilling Technology to Head Overseas in Next Market Upturn (Oct 27)
- NOV Lays Off 54 Houston Workers as Part of Consolidation (Sep 13)