Statoil to Use Transocean's Polar Pioneer on Alve
Statoil ASA has been given consent to drill the exploration well 6507/3-5S using Transocean's Polar Pioneer. Consent was also given for production drilling as well.
The well will be drilled for testing to determine its hydrocarbon potential and as a production well for the gas and condensate discovery Alve.
The Alve discovery belongs to production license 159B, block 6507/3, located approximately 180 km off the coast of Helgeland.
The activity has an estimated duration of 60 days. After the drilling is completed, the rig will move to the Barents Sea to drill a well for Eni Norge AS.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)
Company: Transocean Ltd. more info
Manages 46 Offshore Rigs
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
- Newcomer Borr Scoops Up Transocean Rigs For $1.4B As Dealmaking Heats Up (Mar 20)