Plectrum, Gold Oil Invited to Enter Negotiations for Offshore Peru Block
Plectrum Petroleum PLC, along with joint venture partner Gold Oil Plc, has been invited to start exclusive negotiations with Perupetro S.A. on the details of an exploration license covering Block Z-34, offshore Peru.
The invitation follows Perupetro’s formal designation of Gold as an approved offshore operator and Plectrum as an approved contractor. Plectrum expects that Perupetro will sign and approve the contract within weeks, followed by the eventual formal approval of Peru’s minister of energy and mines.
On June 8, Plectrum announced that it had agreed to form a joint venture with Gold in respect to Block Z-34. Under the joint venture, Gold's existing promotion agreement would be converted into a 30-year exploration and exploitation license. Final completion of the transaction was subject to the qualification of both companies as approved contractors and the negotiation and approval of the exploration license terms by the Peruvian authorities.
"This is excellent news for Plectrum in our new joint venture with Gold,” said Mike Evans, Plectrum’s chief operating officer. “I look
forward to speedy negotiation of the contract terms so that we can become operationally active as soon as possible."
- Gold Oil In Talks for Partner Offshore Peru (May 08)
- Gold Oil Granted License Extension in Peru (Jan 30)
- Gold Oil Extends Survey, Seeks Farm-In Candidates Offshore Peru (Jul 11)
Company: Perupetro more info
- Peru Says Will Cut Royalties In Current Oil Contracts By July (Feb 03)
- Peru To Cut Oil, Gas Royalties To 5% To Counter Price Slump (Nov 11)
- Government: Peru's Biggest Oil Block Fails to Receive Any Bids (Aug 05)
Company: Plectrum Petroleum more info
- Cairn: Increasing Asset Portfolio through Acquisitions (Sep 07)
- Plectrum Petroleum to Convert Nabeul Permit Into an Exploration Permit (Jul 24)
- Plectrum Begins 2D Shoot Offshore Tunisia (May 30)