Scarabeo 7 & Scarabeo 3 Awarded Drilling Contracts
Saipem has been awarded two new contracts for its Scarabeo 7 and Scarabeo 3 rigs. The combined value of the two contracts is approximately US $530 million.
Scarabeo 7 will be used by Eni off the coast of Indonesia for three years beginning in the first quarter of 2008. Scarabeo 7 is a fourth generation semisub capable of operating in water depths of up to 1,500 meters and drilling to depths of up to 8,500 meters.
Addax Petroleum will charter Saipem's semisub, Scarabeo 3, for use off the coast of Nigeria, for one year beginning in the second quarter of 2007. Scarabeo 3 is a second generation semisub capable of operating in water depths of up to 550 meters and drilling to depths of up to 8,000 meters.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Eni Looks To Strengthen Ties With Rosneft, Maybe In LNG (Oct 19)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Eni Inks Cooperation Deal With China's CNPC (Sep 13)
Company: Addax more info
- Chinese-Owned Oil Firm Addax Shuts Offices After Swiss Bribery Case (Aug 07)
- North Sea Decom: 'Campaign Approach' Required to Drive Down Costs (Sep 15)
- Addax Extends Yinson's FPSO Charter Contract for $129M (Oct 20)
Company: Saipem more info
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Ifax: Saipem To Conduct Feasibility Study On Rosneft Chemical Plant (Sep 15)
- Saipem to Build Pipelines for Kuwait Refinery Project (Aug 16)
- Saipem Warns On Profits After Falling To 2Q Loss (Jul 25)