Signet Gets Go-Ahead to Add Three Wells at Sawn Lake
Deep Well Oil & Gas, Inc. said that its joint venture partner and operator of the Sawn Lake heavy oil project, Signet Energy Inc., has been issued the required licenses by the Government of Alberta to drill the next three horizontal wells in the Bluesky Formation of the Sawn Lake Field.
The three wells to be drilled are within less than 1 mile (1.6 kilometer) of the first well already drilled (under production testing).
Deep Well Oil & Gas, Inc. is a Nevada corporation based in Alberta. Deep Well and its subsidiaries, Northern Alberta Oil Ltd. and Deep Well Oil & Gas (Alberta) Ltd., have an 80% working interest, subject to a farmout agreement, in 63 contiguous sections of oil sands leases and 6.5 sections of oil sands permits in the Sawn Lake heavy oil area in North Central Alberta. The permits and leases cover 43,964 acres. After Signet Energy drills 10 wells at no cost to Deep Well, they will fully earn their interest in the project. Deep Well will then directly hold 40% of the project. In addition, Deep Well owns 7,550,000 of Signet's common shares. A previously published independent engineering report estimated that, there are 819.5 million original barrels of oil in place.
- Deep Well Welcomes New Members to Board (Mar 09)
- Deep Well Appoints Donald Wayne to Board of Directors (Sep 22)
- Deep Well Converts 5 Oil Sands Permits to Leases, Mulls Devt Options (May 12)
Company: Signet Energy more info
- Deep Well Resolves Sawn Lake Issues (Dec 04)
- Deep Well Reports Lighter-than-Expected Oil at Sawn Lake (Nov 15)
- Signet Completes Second & Third Horizontal Wells at Sawn Lake (Sep 19)