ConocoPhillips Completes Rockies Express Acquisition
ConocoPhillips said it has completed the acquisition of a partial interest in the planned 1,663-mile Rockies Express Pipeline (REX) project.
The $4 billion-plus pipeline—a joint venture of Kinder Morgan Energy Partners, Sempra Pipelines and Storage, and ConocoPhillips—will be one of the largest natural gas pipelines ever constructed in North America, according to Randy L. Limbacher, executive vice president, exploration and production--Americas, for Houston-based ConocoPhillips.
"We believe this project is a strategic addition to our natural gas business and will provide ConocoPhillips and others a long-term outlet for delivering Rocky Mountain production to the upper Midwest and Eastern United States," Limbacher said.
ConocoPhillips on Friday acquired a 24-percent interest in the project with an additional 1-percent interest scheduled to be acquired after pipeline construction completion.
Limbacher said the planned route of the pipeline will run from the Cheyenne Hub in Weld County, Colo., to the Clarington Hub in eastern Ohio. ConocoPhillips will move natural gas production on the pipeline in addition to being an interest owner.
Interim service has begun on the first phase of the four-segment pipeline. Pending regulatory approvals, the next two segments are expected to be in service by January 2007 and January 2008, respectively. The final segment is expected to be in interim service as early as January 2009 and fully completed by June 2009.
- Kinder Morgan 3Q Revenue Dips On Harvey Impact (Oct 18)
- Canada Review Of Trans Mountain Pipeline Flawed, Lawyers Argue (Oct 02)
- Kinder Morgan Says Fish-mat Ban May Delay Canada Pipe Expansion (Sep 29)
Company: ConocoPhillips more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Most US Gulf Oil Output Offline Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 06)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
- For ConocoPhillips, Harvey A Test Of Remote Operations (Sep 07)
Company: Sempra Energy more info
- TransCanada Wins Mexico Pipeline Auction as Sempra Disqualified (Apr 08)
- US Approves Exports From Sempra's Cameron LNG Terminal (Feb 11)
- El Paso to Sell Mexican Pipeline Assets (Feb 24)