Sikorsky to Build Three Aircraft for ExxonMobil's Malaysian Ops
Sikorsky Aircraft has signed a contract to build three S-76C++ helicopters for Malaysian Helicopter Service (MHS) for use in the offshore oil market by ExxonMobil.
The contract, which includes a complete support package, signifies the first aircraft replacement by Sikorsky for ExxonMobil in the Malaysian region in 14 years.
MHS will operate and maintain the helicopters.
"MHS recognizes the safety and reliability of the S-76, having been an operator of this model for a significant period of time,” said Daniel Zsebik, Sikorsky’s commercial sales director. “These helicopters perform more than one duty; they are a national asset to the country in which they operate.” The helicopters are scheduled for delivery in July 2007.
"The offshore oil market is a demanding environment that requires a sturdy, proven aircraft," said MHS Chairman Ma'Som Mahadi. "MHS has been pleased with the performance and support of the Sikorsky S-76 models, so we are confident in our choice of the S-76C++."
The S-76® is a multi-mission medium helicopter used in a variety of roles including offshore oil, executive transport, and airline.
Stratford, Conn.-based Sikorsky Aircraft Corp. is a world leader in helicopter design, manufacturing, and service. It is a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp.
Operates 13 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Says Julia, Hadrian South Operations Back To Normal After Nate (Oct 10)
- Iraq's Talks with Exxon on Southern Oilfields in Final Stages-Minister (Oct 09)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
Company: Sikorsky more info
- Shell Temporarily Grounds Sikorsky Choppers Amid Probe (Feb 02)
- Zhuhai Buys Additional Sikorsky Helicopters (Nov 16)
- Bristow Goes on Helicopter Shopping Spree (Oct 03)
Company: Malaysian Helicopter Service more info
- Sikorsky to Build Three Aircraft for ExxonMobil's Malaysian Ops (Jun 29)