EUB Okays Connacher’s Great Divide Plan
Connacher Oil and Gas Limited said Thursday that the Alberta Energy and Utilities Board (EUB) has approved its August 15, 2005, request to implement a steam-assisted gravity drainage (SAGD) scheme for the production of bitumen from the McMurray Deposit in the Athabasca Oil Sands Area.
The EUB letter states: "After reviewing the application and all of the additional materials filed to address issues raised in respect of the application, the Board has determined that the Great Divide Oil Sands Project is in the public interest and has approved Application No. 1414169, pending an Order in Council and subject to the conditions in Approval No.10587."
Connacher said that it will continue to formulate and advance plans to initiate on-site activity, pending the issuance of the aforementioned Order in Council. The company also anticipates close cooperation with Alberta Environment and Alberta Sustainable Resource Development during the final stages of the planning phase and then during the ensuing construction and operational phases of its 10,000 bbl/d Great Divide Project.
- Oil Sands Junior Producer Connacher Files for Creditor Protection (May 16)
- Connacher Waves Goodbye to CEO (Jan 12)
- Connacher O&G to Sell Halfway Creek Leases (Jun 22)
Company: Alberta Energy & Utilities Board more info
- Suncor to Service Leak on Oil Sands Pipeline (Jul 17)
- Regulators Give Nod to Imperial's Kearl Oil Sands Project (Feb 28)
- Husky's Net Profit Bulks Up (Feb 06)