J. Ray McDermott Wins Qatargas Engineering Contract
J. Ray McDermott was awarded a contract by Qatargas Operating Company Limited to provide engineering, procurement and installation services for the Common Condensate SPM Facilities Project, offshore Qatar. Contracts of this type are typically valued at approximately $100 million.
"Our working history with Qatargas goes back to 1996 when we completed the first Qatargas Upstream Development," said Bob Deason, President and Chief Operating Officer of J. Ray. "With the anticipated growth of Qatar's oil and gas future, we are proud to continue providing support to its development program."
The facilities, once completed, will allow the export of condensate from Ras Laffan through two SPM CALM loading buoys, approximately 54 kilometers offshore, via a 42" diameter pipeline. J. Ray will support the project by providing detailed engineering services for the pipeline. Design work will be performed both in Jebel Ali and Houston by J. Ray's specialist engineering subsidiary, Mentor Subsea. In addition to the pipeline, J. Ray will install two SPM CALM buoys and pipeline end manifolds and three fiber optic cables, supplied by Qatargas.
- J. Ray McDermott Says Hello to New CFO (May 12)
- J. Ray McDermott Secures Fabrication Contract on Gorgon Project (May 06)
- J. Ray Reels in Second Subsea Gig in Vietnam (Apr 06)
Company: Qatargas more info
- Qatargas Asks Suppliers To Set Up Local Offices Amid Arab Boycott (Jul 12)
- Pakistan Seeks to Import More LNG to Address Supply Shortage (Jun 16)
- Biggest No Longer Means Best in Qatar's Strategy for LNG Wealth (Jan 06)