Aker Yards to Build Construction Vessel for Farstad
Aker Yards has entered into a contract with Farstad Shipping ASA for the building of one Construction Vessel with a value of approx NOK 850 million.
Aker Yards, Langsten is to build a 121.5 m x 26 m Construction Vessel for Farstad, based on the Rolls-Royce design; UT 761 CD. The Vessel is scheduled for delivery from Aker Yards, Langsten in the fourth quarter of 2008. The vessel will after delivery enter into a long term charter with Saipem UK Ltd. The vessel is specially designed for plough duties in connection with pipe laying of oil and gas pipes offshore. The vessel will have a Bollard Pull of more then 350 tons, and all equipment necessary to support the most challenging operations and environments world wide.
Further, the vessel will be built according to the DP III class and equipped with a large construction crane and an A-frame. It will be 121.5 meters long and 26 meters wide.
This is the 20th contract between the shipowner Farstad Shipping and Aker Yards.
Mr. Roy Reite, responsible for the Offshore & Specialized Vessel business area in Aker Yards states in a comment: "This contract confirms our long and good relationship with Farstad Shipping ASA, and also our strong and innovative relationship with Rolls-Royce".
- Norwegian Firms to Create Offshore Oil Industry Supply Vessels Giant (Feb 06)
- Farstad Shipping Sells AHTS Lady Sandra (Sep 27)
- Farstad Consolidates Australian Ops in Perth, Cuts 35 Jobs (Sep 21)
Company: Aker Yards more info
- STX Europe Refinances Revolving Credit Facility (Nov 06)
- Aker Yards Swaps Name for STX to Focus on International Market (Nov 03)
- Wartsila to Supply Propulsion Equipment for 5 Offshore Vessels (Nov 03)