Aker Yards to Build Diving Support Vessels
Aker Yards has entered into a contract with DOF ASA for the building of one Diving Support Vessel (DSV), and a contract with DOFCON and Technip for a second DSV.
Aker Yards is to build a 106 meter Diving Support Vessel for DOF, based on an Aker Yards design; Aker DSV06. The Vessel is scheduled for delivery from Aker Yards, Soviknes in the spring of 2007. The Vessel occupies a construction slot originally designated for a large PSV, the delivery of which has been delayed to 2008. It will be mostly dedicated to the UK sector of the North Sea. The vessel will be equipped with a 150T crane and all equipment necessary to support both IRM and subsea construction projects in the most challenging environments of the North Sea.
Secondly, Aker Yards is to construct and deliver a large Diving Support Vessel to a company owned by DOFCON and Technip, based on the Aker Yards design; Aker OSCV-06L DSV. The Vessel will be delivered from Aker Yards, Soviknes, and serve an 8 years Charter Contract with Technip, aimed mainly at the Norwegian Market. This vessel will be world's most advanced diving vessel and will in particular support Technip's frame agreement with Statoil.
The Vessel is of 153 meters length and will be equipped with an up to date diving system and a crane of 300 tons capacity, and a 24 man dive system built to the Norwegian standards. Delivery of the vessel is scheduled for autumn 2008. The parties have agreed not to disclose the terms.
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)
Company: Aker Yards more info
- STX Europe Refinances Revolving Credit Facility (Nov 06)
- Aker Yards Swaps Name for STX to Focus on International Market (Nov 03)
- Wartsila to Supply Propulsion Equipment for 5 Offshore Vessels (Nov 03)
Company: DOF more info
- Norway's $24B Fund Seeing End To Losses In Oil Services (Aug 17)
- DOF Subsea Bags IRM Contract for Shell Australia's Prelude FLNG Facility (Aug 01)
- DOF Rederi Secures North Sea Services Contracts with Nexen, Maersk (Apr 12)