Amerada Hess Makes Devilish Discovery

Amerada Hess has discovered oil on its Devils Island prospect located on Garden Banks Block 344 in the Gulf of Mexico. The discovery, made by the GB 344 No. 4 well, encountered more than 100 feet of net oil pay in a single, high quality reservoir. Glomar Arctic I The well was drilled to a total depth of 24,525 feet in approximately 2,300 feet of water by GlobalSantaFe's semisubmersible, Glomar Arctic I. The discovery is located 135 miles offshore Louisiana, 12 miles southwest of the Amerada Hess operated Baldpate Field (AHC 50%) and eight miles east of the Llano Field (AHC 27.50%).

Robert P. Strode, Senior Vice President of Amerada Hess in charge of exploration and production in the Americas, said: "We are very pleased with this discovery in our core Garden Banks area. There are several attractive development options available for this discovery. Further evaluation and appraisal will be necessary before the best development option can be selected."

Amerada Hess has an 80% working interest and is the operator of the Devils Island prospect. EEX Corporation owns the remaining 20% interest.


Our Privacy Pledge

Most Popular Articles
Related Articles

Brent Crude Oil : $50.79/BBL 1.30%
Light Crude Oil : $49.96/BBL 1.10%
Natural Gas : $2.77/MMBtu 2.12%
Updated in last 24 hours