Seadrill Wins Contract Extensions for West African Tender Rigs
Seadrill has been awarded a contract by Total for extension of the production drilling assignment for the self-erecting semi-tender rig West Menang. The contract extension has a duration of three years. The estimated contract value is approximately US $126 million. The commencement of the new contract is scheduled for January 2008, in direct continuation of the existing contract. West Menang is currently operating offshore Congo, West Africa.
The self-erecting tender rig T8 has been awarded a one year contract extension by Total. The contract is expected to commence in May 2007, in direct continuation of current contract commitments. Estimated contract value is US $31 million. Total has an option to further extend the contract by one year, at mutually agreed terms.
- Total Expands Presence in Mexico (Oct 12)
- Wood Group Wins Total Refinery Maintenance Contract (Oct 11)
- Buyers Eye Sinopec's Argentina Oil Assets in Sale Worth Up to $1B - Sources (Oct 09)
Company: Seadrill Ltd more info
- Seadrill's Debt Overhaul Faces Creditor Scrutiny (Oct 02)
- Seadrill Files for Bankruptcy in Bid to Shrink Debt Burden (Sep 13)
- Seadrill Warns Again Of Chapter 11 As Extends $14B Debt Talks (Jul 26)