Wood Group Lands £3.5 Million BP Gig
Wood Group Heavy Industrial Turbines Ltd ("WGHIT"), part of the Gas Turbine Services Division of international energy services company, John Wood Group, has been awarded a five year maintenance contract with BP Exploration Operating Company Ltd, worth approximately £3.5 million, to support gas turbines on the ETAP and Magnus assets in the UK North Sea.
The contract includes both offshore and onshore maintenance for two General Electric Frame 6 gas turbines on ETAP and three General Electric Frame 5 gas turbines on Magnus. Offshore, WGHIT will provide maintenance management services, labor for planned inspection outages and ad hoc maintenance and repairs. Onshore, it will perform component repair and spare parts management activities for the turbines from WGHIT facilities in Dundee and Cumbernauld.
Kerr Picken, WGHIT Managing Director, said: "We are delighted to have been awarded this contract, which is testament to our proven track record in achieving significant increases in availability on similar equipment. Our focus will be on delivering improved availability, reliability and performance of the gas turbines on ETAP and Magnus, as well as driving down the overall cost of maintenance for BP."
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- BP Chairman Svanberg to Retire; Search Starts for Successor (Oct 19)
- BP Midstream Partners Seeks To Raise Up To $893MM In IPO (Oct 16)
- BP, Azerbaijan's SOCAR To Sign Caspian Sea Exploration Deal In 2017 (Oct 12)
Company: Wood Group more info
- Wood to Design Pioneering LNG Platform (Oct 17)
- Wood Group Wins Total Refinery Maintenance Contract (Oct 11)
- Ichthys LNG Subsea Contract Goes to Wood Group (Sep 06)