Statoil Granted Drilling Permit for Valkyrie Prospect
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted Statoil a drilling permit for well path 6608/11-5, according to Section 8 of the Resource Regulations.
Well path 6608/11-5 will be drilled from using the Ocean Vanguard semisub. The drilling program for well path 6608/11-5 applies to drilling of a wildcat well to the Valkyrie prospect in production license 128.
The permission presupposes that other permissions and consents required from other authorities have been granted before the drilling activity commences.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)
Company: Diamond Offshore more info
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
- Diamond Offshore Sees Recovery when Oil "Well Over $60" (Feb 06)