PolyOil Wins Several Contracts in West Africa
PolyOil, the Aberdeen-based designer and developer of polymer oilfield well products, has won £400,000 worth of business in West Africa over the last few months.
Expro has awarded a £100,000 contract to PolyOil, the latter's largest contract to date, for its Poly-Tector™ subsea umibilical clamps, for use in Chevron's Lobito Tomboco deepwater development, offshore Angola.
Other five-figure contracts have been awarded to PolyOil by Weatherford International for Poly-Tector™ control line clamps for use in running intelligent completions for Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC), and by FMC for PolyOil's umbilical clamps for BP's Block 18 Angola development.
Esso Exploration in Angola has awarded PolyOil a contract for more Poly-Tector™ umbilical clamps for use in its Kizomba A field, and another contract for umbilical clamps for Esso's Ehra project offshore Nigeria has been awarded to PolyOil by Schlumberger. This is PolyOil's first contract from Schlumberger.
PolyOil has won other significant contracts from Aker Kvaerner for umbilical clamps to be used in Total's Dalia field offshore Angola, and from Hydrafit for clamps for use in the Okwori and Nda fields offshore Nigeria, operated by Addax Petroleum, the Canadian listed oil company.
Serena Arif, Director of PolyOil, said: "Our success to date in West Africa is testament to the benefits of our Poly-Tector™ range of products in deep water applications, which operators are recognizing more and more.
"The potential market for our products in West Africa, as well as other deep water provinces such as the Gulf of Mexico and South America, is huge and we plan to build on these latest contract wins in West Africa to gain more business in these other markets."
Established in 2000, PolyOil designs and develops products for the oil and gas industry using pioneering polymer technology. The company's Poly-Tector™ range of products for the drilling, completions and subsea sectors, reduce friction, enhance safety, are light weight, corrosion-free and bring operational benefits as well as improving job success rates.
In August 2005 PolyOil was granted a UK patent for its Control Line Poly-Tector®, for which it has a patent pending in Norway.
- Kvaerner Sees Rising Revenues, Better Margins in 4Q (Feb 14)
- Reliance Fires Up Gas Production from India's KG-D6 Block (Apr 02)
- Sonardyne Snags Life-of-Field Contract for Petrobras' Cascade, Chinook (Feb 18)
Company: Schlumberger more info
- Top Oilfield Services Firms Signal Fourth-Quarter Uncertainty (Oct 20)
- Schlumberger's Latest Asset Deal Raises Fresh Concerns Ahead Of 3Q (Oct 19)
- Offshore Start-Up Borr Drilling Aims To Expand Fleet, Keep Costs Low (Aug 30)
Company: Addax more info
- Chinese-Owned Oil Firm Addax Shuts Offices After Swiss Bribery Case (Aug 07)
- North Sea Decom: 'Campaign Approach' Required to Drive Down Costs (Sep 15)
- Addax Extends Yinson's FPSO Charter Contract for $129M (Oct 20)
Company: PolyOil more info
- PolyOil Launches Innovative New Umbilical Clamp (Oct 01)
- PolyOil Lands Big Contracts for its Poly-Tector Products (Jul 24)
- Product Development First for PolyOil (May 30)