Aker Kvaerner Wins Mooring & Riser Contract for Gulf of Mexico FPSO
Bergesen Worldwide Offshore has awarded Aker Marine Contractors AS, in partnership with Sonsub Ltd, a contract for installation of mooring and riser system for the first Floating Production, Storage and Offloading vessel (FPSO) in the Gulf of Mexico.
The work comprises installation of the turret buoy, mooring system and risers for the former Ultra Large Crude Carrier BW Enterprise at the Ku-Maloob-Zaap field in Mexico, which is operated by Bergesen Worldwide Offshore. The FPSO will be the largest ever converted with storage capacity of 2.2 million barrels and a throughput of 600,000 bbls/day. Bergesen Worldwide Offshore is carrying out the conversion and will operate the FPSO on a 15 year contract with Pemex.
The marine installation is planned to commence in the 1st quarter of 2007, using either the Normand Cutter or the BOA Sub C as main installation vessel. In addition, a diving vessel will be used for tie-in of the flexible risers. The project will commence immediately.
Torgeir Ramstad, President of Aker Marine Contractors said, "We have pursued this key target for a while as we believe this challenging project is a good fit with our joint capabilities with Sonsub. The focus will now be on delivering this fast track project on time and without incident in close dialogue with our customer."
- Kvaerner Sees Rising Revenues, Better Margins in 4Q (Feb 14)
- Reliance Fires Up Gas Production from India's KG-D6 Block (Apr 02)
- Sonardyne Snags Life-of-Field Contract for Petrobras' Cascade, Chinook (Feb 18)
Company: Pemex more info
Operates 45 Offshore Rigs
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Private Oil Made a Big Find in Mexico. Now State Oil Wants a Cut (Oct 04)
- Mexico's Pemex Sees Salina Cruz Refinery Restart 3rd Week of Oct (Sep 28)
Company: Bergesen Worldwide Group more info
- Aker Kvaerner Wins Mooring & Riser Contract for Gulf of Mexico FPSO (May 30)
- Bergesen Acquires Whakaaropai FPSO (May 03)
- Sembawang Shipyard Wins Pemex's First FPSO Conversion (Jan 04)