Baraka Selects Rig for Onshore Drilling Program in Mauritania
Baraka Petroleum Limited together with its partner, CNPC International Mauritania Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of CNPC International Limited, has selected a suitable drill rig for the Joint Venture's drilling program at Coastal Block 20, onshore Mauritania.
The land rig ZJ50LDB from drilling operator, GWDC (Great Wall Drilling Company) was sourced from Pan Jin City and has been inspected by independent consultants MODUSPEC Engineering Group, who have confirmed the rig is suitable to drill the Heron-1 well in Block 20 which has a planned total depth (TD) of 3800m.
The same rig will be used by CNPCIM to drill an exploration well in neighboring coastal Block 12 following Heron-1.(Baraka has no interest in B12). Baraka will benefit from the ongoing rig operations by sharing all associated costs including mobilization /demobilization and other well services.
The rig with casing and tubing has been mobilized for shipment to Mauritania.
The timing of the drilling operations in Block 20 is confirmed to be on track with a spud date planned for Q3 2006.
The environmental impact study of the Block 20 planned work program performed by Worley Parsons KOMEX London office, is being updated to incorporate the recent selection of the access road to the well location.
- China's CNPC Starts Third Natural Gas Pipeline To Shanghai (Oct 13)
- Eni Inks Cooperation Deal With China's CNPC (Sep 13)
- CNPC, Guangdong Sign Strategic Deal On S. China Sea Methane Hydrate (Aug 28)
Company: Baraka Petroleum more info
- Baraka, GBE Join Forces to Drill in Georgina Basin (Apr 09)
- Baraka Plans to Increase Activity on Chicuaco Block (Feb 26)
- Seismic Work Complete on La Punta Block in Colombia (Jan 08)