Siem Offshore Acquires Stake in Three Platform Supply Vessels

Siem Offshore and O H Meling & Co AS have entered into a Heads of Agreement whereby the Company will acquire from OHM a controlling interest in one vessel and two shipbuilding contracts.

The parties have agreed that subject to certain conditions, the Company shall acquire a shipbuilding contract for a PSV of MT 6000 design with a 70 ton crane currently under construction at Kleven Maritime AS to be delivered at year end 2006.

Further, the Company shall become a 51% shareholder in a ship-owning company which will own a PSV of VS 470 mk II design, built in 2004, and a shipbuilding contract for a PSV of VS 485 design, to be delivered from Karmsund Maritime Services AS in June 2007. The remaining 49% of the ship-owning company will be owned by OHM and affiliated parties.

O H Meling & Co AS will continue to operate the jointly owned vessels, while Siem Offshore will have the overall chartering responsibility.

The Company's ownership in the above-mentioned vessel and shipbuilding contracts represents an investment of approx. NOK 500 million.

Events  SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER

Our Privacy Pledge
SUBSCRIBE


Most Popular Articles


From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
Shop Mechanic
Expertise: Mechanic
Location: Odessa, TX
 
QA/QC Engineer
Expertise: Mechanical Engineering|QA / QC / Inspection
Location: Houston, TX
 
Electronics technician
Expertise: Electrical Technician|Field Service Tech|Mechanical Technician
Location: El Reno, OK
 
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $48.6/BBL 1.12%
Light Crude Oil : $46.34/BBL 1.24%
Natural Gas : $2.9/MMBtu 2.35%
Updated in last 24 hours