Successful Appraisal Well on the South Arne Field
Amerada Hess ApS has completed drilling of the appraisal well Rigs-3 (5604/29-08) on the South Arne field. Drilling operations was performed in cooperation with DONG Efterforskning og Produktion A/S with the ENSCO 72 jackup in 62 meters of water. The well will now be plugged and abandoned.
The South Arne field is producing oil and natural gas from Danian and Upper Cretaceous chalk. Production was initiated from the field in 1999.
Rigs-3 was drilled as a vertical well approximately 4.5 kilometers northwest of the South Arne platform and reached total depth at 3156 meters below mean sea level in layers of Lower Cretaceous age. Three sidetracks were subsequently drilled to positions west, north and east of the surface location.
Rigs-3 and the three sidetracks proved the presence of oil and gas in the chalk layers and confirmed the geological model. Valuable information on the accumulation of oil and gas was collected and the results will now be evaluated closely.
The companies in License 7/89 are Amerada Hess ApS as operator with 57.47875%; DONG with 34.37500%; Denerco Oil A/S with 6.56250%; and Danoil Exploration A/S with 1.58375%.
- European Oil Majors Seek To Harness US Offshore Wind (Aug 01)
- Billionaire Ratcliffe Hunts Oil to Repeat Chemicals Empire Build (May 24)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
Company: ENSCO International Incorporated more info
Manages 64 Offshore Rigs
- Ensco Acquires Atwood Oceanics, Lays Off Staff (Oct 10)
- Lamprell to Compensate Ensco for Delay in Delivery of ENSCO 140 (Aug 29)
- Lamprell Delays Delivery of Jackup to Mid-August Due to Technical Issue (Jul 27)
Company: Hess Corporation more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Hess: World Needs New Offshore Oil Investments to Avoid Shortages (Sep 28)
- Hess Slashes 2017 Capital Budget After Quarterly Loss (Jul 26)
- Suriname Signs Offshore Oil Deals with ﻿Exxon, Hess and Statoil (Jul 14)
Company: Denerco Oil more info
- Altinex Clears Regulatory Hurdles for Denerco Acquisition (Jul 12)
- Robin-1 Exploration Well Completed (Jul 05)
- Altinex Completes Bond Issue for Denerco Merger (Jun 21)