SPC and Partners Spud the Herbras-1 Exploration Well
Singapore Petroleum Company together with its partners in the Sampang Production Sharing Contract have begun drilling the Herbras-1 exploration well.
Located in the eastern side of the Sampang PSC, Hebras-1 is approximately 45 kilometers east of the Oyong field and about 85 kilometers east of the Jeruk oil discovery offshore Indonesia.
Herbras-1 will test Lower-Middle Miocene reservoirs within a seismically defined four-way dip closure. The drilling of the well is expected to take approximately 30 days and will be drilled by the Ocean Sovereign jackup in 24 meters of water.
SPC is a regional oil and gas company with interest in oil and gas exploration and production, refining, terminalling and distribution, marketing and trading of crude and refined petroleum products. It is an associated company of Keppel Oil & Gas Services Pte Ltd, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Keppel Corporation Limited.
SPC holds its interest in the Sampang PSC through its wholly owned subsidiary, Singapore Petroleum Sampang Ltd.
Participants in the Sampang PSC upon completion of the participation by PT Petrogas Oyong Jatim in the Sampang PSC will be Singapore Petroleum Sampang Ltd with 36%; Santos (Sampang) Pty ltd with 40.5%; Cue Sampang Pty Ltd with 13.5%; PT Petrogas Oyong Jatim with 10%.
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
- Australia Plans LNG Export Limits to Help Ease Local Price Pain (Apr 27)
- Australia's Santos To Focus On Long-Life Gas In Growth Push (Dec 08)
Company: Singapore Petroleum Company more info
- Sampang JV Approves Project to Extend Field Life by 2 Years to 2020 (Sep 22)
- Keppel Completes Divestment of Entire Stake in SPC (Jun 22)
- PetroChina Is Set to Go It Alone (May 26)