Beach Petroleum Discovers Oil with Sellicks-2
Beach Petroleum advises that DST 1A conducted early this morning over the Poolowanna Formation interval 1984 – 2007 meters resulted in a flow of oil to surface in 13 minutes. A preliminary rate of 2250-2700 barrels of oil/day was achieved, with a water-cut estimated at approximately 25%.
This is a new pool oil discovery within the Sellicks Field located in PPL-204 in the Cooper/Eromanga Basin in Australia, which has, to date, produced oil only from the deeper Patchawarra Formation. Sellicks-2 is the first of two appraisal wells based upon 3-D seismic that was designed to optimize field development.
Sellicks-2 will now drill ahead to evaluate the Patchawarra Formation primary target, which is expected to be reached tomorrow.
Participants in the Sellicks-2 well are Beach Petroleum as operator with 75% and Cooper Energy with 25%.
- Beach Commences Production from Middleton Gas Project (Jan 09)
- Beach Says Hello to Mr. Rod Rayner (Nov 11)
- Beach Energy Gains Majority Control of Adelaide Energy (Nov 10)
Company: Cooper Energy NL more info
- Cooper Secures Drilling Rig For Hammamet West-3 Well Offshore Tunisia (Jul 16)
- Cooper Chalks Up Double Oil Strike With Christies-7 Well (Jul 05)
- Drilling Continues at Cooper's Riley Well (May 17)