Development Drilling Begins at Blane Oil Field in the North Sea
ROC, as a participant in the Blane Oil Field Development Project, reports that development drilling commenced on May 13, 2006.
In a drilling program expected to take approximately 4 months, the Operator, Talisman, will batch drill the upper hole sections of the three development wells and then drill to Total Depth and complete the two planned horizontal production wells. The third well, a water injector, will be completed in 2007.
The field will be developed as a subsea tieback to the BP-operated Ula platform located in the Norwegian continental shelf (34km to the northeast) and will comprise two horizontal production wells, with gas lift, and one water injection well, which may be high angle/horizontal.
The Blane Field Joint Venture (unitized across UK/Norway median line) is comprised of Talisman Expro Limited as operator with 25.002%; Roc Oil with 12.501% MOC Exploration with 13.994%; Eni UK Limited with 13.897%; Eni ULX Limited with 4.105%; Bow Valley Petroleum with 12.5015 and Talisman Energy Norge with 18.000%.
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: Roc Oil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Santos Names Roc Oil CEO Anthony Neilson as CFO to Replace Andrew Seaton (Sep 19)
- SapuraKencana Clinches $72M of Work in Malaysia, India & Cote d'Ivoire (Dec 08)
- Faroe Completes Roc Oil Acquisition (Nov 06)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Eni Looks To Strengthen Ties With Rosneft, Maybe In LNG (Oct 19)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Eni Inks Cooperation Deal With China's CNPC (Sep 13)
Company: Bow Valley more info
- Dana Completes Acquisition of Bow Valley Energy (Apr 30)
- Shareholders OK Dana Petroleum's Acquisition of Bow Valley (Apr 09)
- Dana Petroleum Scoops Up Bow Valley, Additional North Sea Interests (Feb 16)