ENI Awarded Stake in Block 15 Offshore Angola
ENI was awarded a 35% operating stake in Angola's deepwater Block 15 state-owned oil company Sonangol said on Tuesday. The Sonangol-Sinopec JV also won a 35% stake in the block as well.
Angola is sub-Saharan Africa's second largest crude producer after Nigeria, pumping 1,4-million barrels a day (bpd) and plans to increase production to 2 million bpd by 2008 with the help of billions of dollars of foreign investment.
Sonangol has previously said block 15 has up to 10.4-billion barrels of potential oil reserves.
Irish-based Tullow Oil and Gas Exploration won a 50% stake in shallow water Block 1, while US-based Vaalco Energy won a 40% stake in Block 5.
Brazil's state-owned Petrobras won a 40% stake in Block 6 and 80% in Block 26.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 13 Offshore Rigs
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
- Ex-SBM Executives Plead Guilty In US To Petrobras Bribe Charges (Nov 09)
- CEO: Brazil's Petrobras Could Bid On More Blocks In Pre-Salt Auction (Oct 24)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Italy Prosecutors Probe Eni For Tax Evasion At Refineries (Nov 22)
- Officials: BP, Eni Interested In Developing Iraq's Majnoon Oilfield (Nov 20)
- Eni's Giant Gas Field Prompts Egypt to End Imports in 2018 (Nov 15)
Company: Sinopec more info
- Report: Quarter Of Oil Refineries Risk Closure Under Climate Goals (Nov 02)
- Sources: China's Sinopec Mulls US Oil Projects Ahead Of Trump's Visit (Oct 31)
- Sinopec's Oil Refining Overcomes Continued Upstream Losses (Oct 30)
Company: Tullow Oil more info
- UK's Tullow Oil Lifts Outlook On Higher Crude Prices, Output (Nov 08)
- Tullow Oil Signs Exploration Contracts Offshore Ivory Coast (Oct 11)
- Britain's Tullow Launches Oil, Gas Exploration In Zambia (Aug 11)
Company: Sonangol more info
- Buyers Eye Sinopec's Argentina Oil Assets in Sale Worth Up to $1B - Sources (Oct 09)
- US Oil Firm Cobalt Files For Arbitration Against Angola For $2B (May 12)
- US Firm Cobalt Threatens Arbitration Over Angolan Oil Assets (Apr 03)
Company: VAALCO Energy, Inc. more info
- VAALCO Agrees to Acquire Sojitz's Stake in Etame Marin Permit Off Gabon (Aug 02)
- VAALCO Updates on Operations at Etame Marin Block Offshore Gabon (Oct 13)
- First Oil Flows from the North Tchibala Field Offshore Gabon (Sep 17)