Statoil Gets PSA Okay to Use Ocean Vanguard on Exploration Well 6608/11-15
Statoil ASA has secured the PSA's consent to carry out exploration drilling in the Norwegian Sea using the Ocean Vanguard. The consent applies to exploration well 6608/11-5, which is situated about 25 km northeast of Norne.
Ocean Vanguard is a Bingo 3000 semisub commissioned in 1982 at Trosvik Verksted AS. It has subsequently undergone a number of upgrades.
The rig is classified by DnV and operated by Diamond Offshore Netherlands BV. The Ocean Vanguard received the PSA's Acknowledgement of Compliance on July 2, 2004.
The plan is to commence drilling as soon as the Ocean Vanguard has completed a well for Esso, as well as Statoil's well 34/10-49 S.
The estimated start-up of drilling on exploration well 6608/11-5 (see map) is late May/early June 2006. The estimated duration of the work on this well is 26 days.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)
Company: Diamond Offshore more info
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
- Diamond Offshore Sees Recovery when Oil "Well Over $60" (Feb 06)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)