PeruPetro to Sign Four E&P Contracts Thursday
Peru's hydrocarbons promotion agency PeruPetro will sign four E&P contracts with two companies on Thursday for blocks 118, 119, 120 and XXI, the agency said in a statement.
US oil company Amerada Hess (NYSE: AHC) will sign the contracts for blocks 118, 119 and 120, which are located between Loreto and San Martin departments, Loreto and Ucayali departments and Loreto and Huanuco departments respectively, according to the statement.
British oil junior Gold Oil will sign for block XXI, located between Piura and Lambayeque departments.
Amerada Hess currently holds contracts for blocks 64 and 101 in the Maranon basin, while Gold Oil is exploring for hydrocarbons in the Z-34 block in northeast Peru.
PeruPetro also awarded the E&P contract for block B-04 in the northern Maranon basin to a consortium of Canadian oil companies Loon Energy (TSX: LEY) and Tusk Energy (TSX: TSK).
Visit BNamericas to
access our real-time news reports, 7-year archive, Fact File company
database, and latest research reports. Click
here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Hess: World Needs New Offshore Oil Investments to Avoid Shortages (Sep 28)
- Hess Slashes 2017 Capital Budget After Quarterly Loss (Jul 26)
- Suriname Signs Offshore Oil Deals with ﻿Exxon, Hess and Statoil (Jul 14)
Company: Gold Oil PLC more info
- Gold Oil In Talks for Partner Offshore Peru (May 08)
- Gold Oil Granted License Extension in Peru (Jan 30)
- Gold Oil Extends Survey, Seeks Farm-In Candidates Offshore Peru (Jul 11)
Company: Perupetro more info
- Peru Says Will Cut Royalties In Current Oil Contracts By July (Feb 03)
- Peru To Cut Oil, Gas Royalties To 5% To Counter Price Slump (Nov 11)
- Government: Peru's Biggest Oil Block Fails to Receive Any Bids (Aug 05)