ConocoPhillips Gets Green Light to Use Ekofisk 2/4-B Until 2028
ConocoPhillips Skandinavia AS (COPSAS) has secured consent to use the permanent facility Ekofisk 2/4-B until 2028.
In the PDO for Ekofisk II, submitted to the Ministry of Petroleum and Energy (MPE) in 1993, the lifetime for Ekofisk 2/4-B was set at up to 1999. Based on the implementation of certain measures, we have granted consent for use of the facility until 2028.
This consent is granted on the following condition:
COPSAS must update the emergency preparedness analysis for the Southern Fields, and verify that the emergency response equipment meets the requirements for preparedness against acute pollution, ref. Section 41 of the Facilities Regulations relating to material for action against acute pollution.
COPSAS has applied for an exemption from the requirement for ergonomic conditions in the facility's wellhead area. An analysis of the ergonomical conditions in this area will be conducted.
Based on the results of this analysis, necessary measures will be implemented during the first half of 2006. The PSA will consider the application for exemption when the results of this analysis are available.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- ConocoPhillips Vows Financial Discipline As Aims To Boost Output (Nov 08)
- ConocoPhillips' Profit Beats Estimates, But Budget Cut 10% (Oct 26)
- Most US Gulf Oil Output Offline Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 06)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)