Premier Takes Stake in North Sumatra Block A
Premier Oil and its partners Medco and Japex have acquired a stake in the North Sumatra Block A PSC located onshore Indonesia from a subsidiary of ExxonMobil which holds a 50% working interest in the block.
Premier, Medco, and Japex will each hold a third of the company which will subsequently be converted into individually held (16.67%) working interests in the PSC. The operator is of the block is ConocoPhillips (50%).
The block contains undeveloped discoveries on the Alur Siwah, Alur Rambong, and Julu Rayeu fields certified as holding over 650 Bcf gross of proved and probable reserves.
The block offers substantial exploration upside. Around 20 prospects have been identified with total prognosed unrisked reserves of 1.5 tcf gross.
The conversion of the share holdings in the company, to working interests in the PSC is subject to Indonesian Government approvals. Government approvals are not required for the initial sale of shares by ExxonMobil to the consortium.
Premier's Chief Executive, Simon Lockett, said:
'Premier is delighted to announce an acquisition in one of our core areas. The
North Sumatra PSC A acquisition builds on Premier's existing business in
Indonesia at a low initial entry cost. The block will deliver an increase in
mid-term production, and provides an extensive inventory of exploration
Operates 13 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Says Julia, Hadrian South Operations Back To Normal After Nate (Oct 10)
- Iraq's Talks with Exxon on Southern Oilfields in Final Stages-Minister (Oct 09)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
Company: Premier Oil more info
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- European Oil Producers' Weak Hedging Shows Bet on Price Rebound (Jul 31)
- Mexico Oil Privatization Pays Off With Billion-Barrel Find (Jul 12)
- Premier Oil Expects Weak Pound To Help Bottom Line (Jan 12)
Company: PT Medco Energi more info
- Lundin Petroleum Sells Indonesian Upstream Assets to Medco for $22M (Oct 09)
- Indonesia's Medco Gets Additional 25 Years to Operate Oman Oil Fields (Apr 29)
- Medco Energi Discovers Oil, Gas in Indonesia and Libya (Sep 29)
Company: Japan Exploration (Japex) more info
- Japex To Keep Canada Oil Sands Ops Idle After Fire Due To Low Prices (May 12)
- JAPEX Engages Aonex for Construction of Japan's Soma LNG Terminal (Jul 09)
- MedcoEnergi Inks Agreement to Sell Gas from Aceh's Block A to Pertamina (Jan 28)