DTI Approves EnCore's Acquisition & Operatorship of North Sea Blocks
EnCore Oil reports that the DTI has formally approved its acquisition of six North Sea blocks from PetroCanada UK Limited.
Located in the Central Graben area of the North Sea, EnCore will be operator of five of the six blocks, which between them contain a number of undeveloped discoveries and exploration prospects.
Commenting on receiving regulatory consent, EnCore Chief Executive Alan Booth said: “The formal DTI approval is excellent news for EnCore. We are developing the necessary work programs with our co-venturers to evaluate the commercial viability of the discoveries and assess the exploration prospects which exist on the blocks.”
The six blocks acquired from PetroCanada UK Limited are: 21/24 (part) - 95% interest; 21/30S - 95% interest; 21/29b - SE 61.312% interest; 21/29b SW - 51.612% interest; 15/26a – 47.5% interest; 29/6a – 20.1005 interest.
- C-NLOPB Approves Hebron Application (May 31)
- Petro-Canada to Fire Up Syrian Gas Production Soon (Apr 06)
- Faroe: Possible Hydrocarbons Found in North Sea Well (Mar 23)
Company: EnCore Oil plc more info
- Deo Petroleum: Amalgamation Agreement Finalized (Jan 12)
- Egdon Acquires EnCore Stake (Jan 06)
- Weather Delays Drilling at EnCore's Tudor Rose Well (Dec 08)