Transocean Legend Wins Contract Offshore Indonesia
Transocean reports that a subsidiary of Eni has awarded an estimated six-month contract for the semisubmersible rig Transocean Legend for drilling operations offshore Indonesia. The contract is expected to commence in November 2006, following the completion of an existing contract commitment offshore Sakhalin Island. Revenues that could be generated over the estimated six-month contract period total an approximated $79 million, excluding revenues for mobilization, demobilization and client reimburseables.
The Transocean Legend is expected to be in a South Korean shipyard through May 2006 completing a minor upgrade program ahead of the mobilization of the rig to Sakhalin Island where it is expected to operate through October 2006.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Eni Inks Cooperation Deal With China's CNPC (Sep 13)
- Italy's Eni Confident Of Dividend Even With Lower Oil Prices (Jul 28)
Company: Transocean Ltd. more info
Manages 46 Offshore Rigs
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
- Newcomer Borr Scoops Up Transocean Rigs For $1.4B As Dealmaking Heats Up (Mar 20)