Coolen Tapped to Lead Canadian Superior
Canadian Superior Energy has named M.E. "Mike" Coolen the company's president and chief operating officer. One of Coolen's priorities will be to advance the company's drilling activities offshore Trinidad.
A registered professional engineer, Coolen most recently was in charge of Canadian Superior's Offshore Operations and is currently a member of the company's board. Before joining the company in 2001, Coolen had a 20-year career with Mobil Oil Canada and ExxonMobil. Directly prior to joining Canadian Superior, he was as a senior manager on the Sable Offshore Energy Project--the first offshore natural gas production project offshore Nova Scotia, Canada.
"All of us are very pleased with Mike's new appointment," said Greg Noval, Canadian Superior's chairman and CEO. "This appointment will expedite our upcoming drilling offshore Trinidad and is part of an overall transition in the company which we feel will be good for all shareholders."
Operates 13 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Says Julia, Hadrian South Operations Back To Normal After Nate (Oct 10)
- Iraq's Talks with Exxon on Southern Oilfields in Final Stages-Minister (Oct 09)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
Company: Canadian Superior Energy more info
- Canadian Superior Energy Notes Operational Updates (Jun 03)
- Canadian Superior Energy Posts 1Q10 Results (May 13)
- Canadian Superior Energy Waves Goodbye to COO (May 05)