Chavez, Ramirez to Host Int'l Energy Forum April 25-26
The VIII International Energy Forum & Expo will be held in Venezuela's capital Caracas from April 25-26, Patricia Martins, a spokesperson for the Venezuelan oil chamber organizing the event, told BNamericas.
President Hugo Chavez and energy and oil minister and state oil firm PDVSA president Rafael Ramirez are expected to attend.
PDVSA deputy E&P president Luis Vierma is scheduled to give a lecture as is state petrochemical firm Pequiven president Saul Ameliach.
Ali Moshiri, US oil major Chevron's (NYSE: CVX) head for Latin American upstream, is also expected to lecture on energy topics in what will be the first high-profile oil industry event after PDVSA and 16 companies signed joint ventures last week to manage some 25 oil fields.
Chevron entered into two of those JVs for the Boscan and LL652 fields in Zulia state, the only US major to do so.
"This event has become a forum between the government and the private energy companies," Martins said.
The event is expected to provide insight into lesser-known Venezuelan companies such as Suelopetrol which became international players after entering into partnerships with PDVSA.
The Radisson Hotel in Chuao, east Caracas, will be the venue for the event.
Visit BNamericas to
access our real-time news reports, 7-year archive, Fact File company
database, and latest research reports. Click
here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas
- Canada's Keyera Signs Pact With Chevron To Transport, Store NGL (Oct 10)
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Petrofac Extends North Sea Contract with Chevron (Oct 05)
Company: PDVSA more info
Operates 15 Offshore Rigs
Manages 26 Offshore Rigs
- Venezuela Confirms Discussing Citgo Collateral Swap With Rosneft (Oct 04)
- Venezuelans Face Growing Queues To Buy Gasoline (Sep 21)
- Venezuela's Crude Supply To The United States Was Flat In August (Sep 13)