J.V. Headed by Wood Wins Brunei Contract
A joint venture led by the Wood Group has been awarded has won a multimillion-dollar contract from Brunei Shell Petroleum (BSP) to design, procure, construct, and install marine water injection pipelines and umbilical cables in Brunei.
SKSWood, comprising Wood, Syarikat Kejuruteraan Sistematik (SKS), and Petrokon, garnered the 17-month contract that began in late-March.
The three marine pipelines will be manufactured onshore at facilities at BSP's Telisai facility and will be towed out and sunk into position to connect the Champion 7 Main complex and satellite jackets within the Champion field. The Champion field is located 17 miles from the Brunei coast and is one of the major producing fields in the region.
"The additional water injection is a very important project for Brunei Shell Petroleum and will add significant additional oil production," said Sandy Campbell, SKSWood's managing director. "This is a major opportunity for SKSWood to use our Bruneian workforce and infrastructure to complete this project against a very demanding time schedule."
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
Company: Wood Group more info
- Wood to Design Pioneering LNG Platform (Oct 17)
- Wood Group Wins Total Refinery Maintenance Contract (Oct 11)
- Ichthys LNG Subsea Contract Goes to Wood Group (Sep 06)
Company: Brunei National Petroleum Company Sendirian Berhad more info
- PETRONAS $8.5B Canada Gas Plan Buoyed By Aboriginal Vote (Aug 29)
- PETRONAS LNG Bid Faces 90-Day Wait As Clock Ticks For Trudeau (Jun 28)
- Canadian Agency Extends Application For Petronas LNG Project (Mar 21)
Company: Syarikat Kejuruteraan Sistematik (SKS) more info
- J.V. Headed by Wood Wins Brunei Contract (Apr 06)