Sevan Picks Aker for $87-Million Drilling System Contract
Aker Kvaerner has signed an $87-million contract with Sevan Marine to deliver drilling systems and equipment to a drilling platform of the Sevan design. The contract also includes an option for delivery of a second, identical drilling package.
The deal calls on Aker to deliver a complete drilling package consisting of engineering, equipment deliveries, and related services. The drilling system will be a highly efficient system designed for parallel operations and operation at remote locations.
The harsh-environment, ultra-deepwater drilling rig is scheduled for delivery in the first half of 2009. It will be designed for worldwide operation.
"We are pleased that Sevan Marine has awarded us this contract, which confirms our leading market position in the deepwater drilling segment," says Roald Amundsen, Aker Kvaerner's president.
- Kvaerner Sees Rising Revenues, Better Margins in 4Q (Feb 14)
- Reliance Fires Up Gas Production from India's KG-D6 Block (Apr 02)
- Sonardyne Snags Life-of-Field Contract for Petrobras' Cascade, Chinook (Feb 18)
Company: Sevan Marine more info
- Sembcorp Marine Acquires 50% Stake in KANFA Aragon from Sevan Marine (Jun 29)
- Sevan Marine's Unit KANFA Bags $50M EPC Deal for FPSO Yinson Production (Feb 17)
- First Oil in Sight at Huntington (Mar 27)