Statoil Sells Minority Stake in LL 652 Oil Field in Venezuela
Statoil Venezuela has agreed with Venezuelan state oil company Petroleos de Venezuela SA (PdVSA) on a settlement for Statoil's minority participation in the LL 652 oil field in Lake Maracaibo.
The settlement with PdVSA means that Statoil will no longer have a holding in this field.
The parties do not wish to disclose the details of the settlement.
"I'm pleased that we have found a solution for LL 652 which is mutually acceptable to Statoil and PdVSA," comments Thore Kristiansen, country president for Statoil Venezuela.
Statoil is operator for block 4 of Plataforma Deltana and also has an interest in Sincor, the most successful heavy crude project in Venezuela.
Mr. Kristiansen emphasizes that Statoil will continue its commitment in Venezuela, and says that the group is looking forward to evaluating new opportunities when they become available.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)
Company: PDVSA more info
Operates 15 Offshore Rigs
Manages 26 Offshore Rigs
- Venezuela Confirms Discussing Citgo Collateral Swap With Rosneft (Oct 04)
- Venezuelans Face Growing Queues To Buy Gasoline (Sep 21)
- Venezuela's Crude Supply To The United States Was Flat In August (Sep 13)