CNOOC Establishs Presence in Outer Browse Basin in Australia
CNOOC Limited has signed Farm-in Agreements with BHP Billiton Limited and Kerr-McGee Australia Exploration and Production Pty Ltd through its subsidiary, CNOOC Australia E&P Pty Ltd, for Exploration Permits WA-301-P, WA-303-P, WA-304-P and WA-305-P in the Outer Browse Basin of Australia. CNOOC Ltd. thus earned a 25% interest in each of the Permits.
The above blocks are located in the Outer Browse Basin, northwest offshore Australia. These blocks are about 300 kilometers away from the costal line and cover a total acreage of 21,000 square kilometers with water depth around 2000 meters. The Operator of the four Permits is BHP Billiton.
Mr. Yang Hua, CFO and Executive Vice President of the Company commented,
"Further expansion of our natural gas business in Australia indicated our strengthened strategies for overseas development. Our partners have conducted significant studies on these exploration blocks. I believe that all parties' joint efforts will bring out the huge exploration potential in the Outer Browse Basin."
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Private Oil Made a Big Find in Mexico. Now State Oil Wants a Cut (Oct 04)
- BHP Gearing Up to Start Drilling for Oil in Mexico's Deep Waters (Oct 02)
- BHP To Quit US Shale Business As Annual Profit Surges (Aug 22)
Company: Kerr-McGee Corp. more info
- Synergy Resources Approved as O&G Operator in Colorado (May 13)
- Anardarko Is Winner in U.S. Royalty Case (Jan 13)
- U.S. Official Estimates $31B At Stake in Kerr-McGee Case (Feb 26)
Company: CNOOC more info
- CNOOC Completes Test Runs at Huizhou Refinery in Guangdong - Report (Oct 09)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- China's CNOOC Begins Oil Partner Hunt in Mexico Deep Waters (Sep 15)