Petrofac Wins Deepwater Gulf Contract
Petrofac Training has won a six-month training management consultancy contract in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico from BP Deepwater USA.
The contract calls on Petrofac to design, establish, and implement a training function across BP USA¹s deepwater activities. A team from Petrofac will work within the BP facilities in Houston to set-up the training function.
Key parts of the project include:
- developing training strategy
- establishing procedures and standards
- managing all aspects of training from identifying the training needs to the administration management of training requests.
"Over the last few months, the team has worked extensively with BP USA Deepwater," said Martin Beard, Petrofac Training¹s sales and marketing director. "We share a common goal for this project: the creation of a world class operation for BP USA on their hugely exciting and challenging deepwater program."
Petrofac has completed a series of consultancy projects with BP in the Gulf of Mexico. Initially contracted to complete a safety
audit, the consultant then completed a baseline survey in marine
competence for all eight of BP¹s deepwater installations in the Gulf of Mexico.
Operates 32 Offshore Rigs
- BP: 2017 'Massive' Year for Global Upstream Projects (Dec 07)
- BP Seeks Stake In Cairn Energy Senegal Assets (Nov 20)
- Officials: BP, Eni Interested In Developing Iraq's Majnoon Oilfield (Nov 20)
Company: Petrofac more info
- Petrofac Extends North Sea Contract with Chevron (Oct 05)
- Petrofac JV Awarded $2B Refinery Contract In Oman (Aug 04)
- Petrofac Makes 29% Headcount Reduction, Revenue Hits $7.8B (Feb 22)