Pakistan Opens Pishin Basin to Exploration

Pakistan's Pashin basin has been opened up for exploration by the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Resources. The basin is located in southwestern Balochistan province. The ministry has granted joint venture UK-based Nativus Resources and a local exploration company, RDC International, an exploration license for the 2,344 square kilometer Lugai block.

No reserve estimates are currently available for the block and the basin. The group plans to invest approximately $8 million for phase one of the exploration project when it acquires geological data. Seismic surveys and preparation for drilling will be carried out in the second year. Nativus holds 85% in the project, while RDC holds the other 15%.


Our Privacy Pledge

Most Popular Articles
Related Articles

Brent Crude Oil : $51.78/BBL 0.77%
Light Crude Oil : $50.85/BBL 0.83%
Natural Gas : $2.99/MMBtu 4.77%
Updated in last 24 hours