SeaDrill Launches Smedvig Tender Offer in US
SeaDrill is offering to buy all Class A Ordinary Shares, Class A American Depositary Shares, Class B Ordinary Shares, and Class B American Depositary Shares of the Norwegian drilling contractor Smedvig.
The Bermuda-based drilling and service unit supplier will pay NOK 205 (US$31) per Class A share and per Class A ADS (net to the seller in cash, without interest) and NOK 165 (US$25) per Class B share and per Class B ADS (net to the seller in cash, without interest). The tender offer is open only to US residents.
SeaDrill currently owns a total of 27,899,609 Class A shares and 15,508,082 Class B shares of Smedvig,
collectively constituting 53.1 percent of Smedvig's total share capital and 51.9 percent of Smedvig's total voting power. The US tender offer is made in connection with a global mandatory offering for the remaining outstanding Class A and Class B shares of Smedvig, as required by Norwegian law.
- Seadrill Takes a Financial Hit from Contractor Investments (Feb 23)
- Endeavour Enters $40 Million Strategic Investment with Smedvig (Dec 26)
- Smedvig is History, from Today It's Seadrill (Jun 01)
Company: Seadrill Ltd more info
- Norway's Seadrill Gets Two Rival Debt Restructuring Proposals (Oct 23)
- Seadrill's Debt Overhaul Faces Creditor Scrutiny (Oct 02)
- Seadrill Files for Bankruptcy in Bid to Shrink Debt Burden (Sep 13)