Pearl E&P Makes Offer for SignalEnergy
Pearl Exploration and Production on Monday announced its intention to make an offer to acquire all of the issued and outstanding shares of SignalEnergy.
Signal on March 10 announced that it had completed the final stage of a sale of assets for aggregate gross proceeds of approximately $100 million. The company also reiterated its intention to distribute to shareholders the net proceeds after repayment of all debt.
In light of Pearl's intentions, Signal's board has decided to defer the decision of a shareholder distribution so that it can consider other strategic alternatives. Signal has thus has engaged FirstEnergy Capital Corporation as its independent financial advisors to consider the proposed Pearl offer and consider alternative transactions that could return greater value to shareholders than the proposed distribution of sale proceeds and the retention or future sale of the remaining operating entity.
After Pearl mails an offer to Signal shareholders, Signal's board will offer its own recommendation.
- Pearl E&P Grants Incentive Stock Options to Directors and Officers (Dec 26)
- Pearl Exploration & Production Increases Private Placement (Oct 05)
- Pearl Acquires Large Heavy Oil Project in Alberta (Aug 24)
Company: SignalEnergy more info
- Signal Energy Buys Bluff Creek Oil Field from Gulf Onshore (Mar 24)
- Pearl E&P Makes Offer for SignalEnergy (Mar 27)