Statoil Makes Find at Gudrun
Oil and gas have been proven on the Gudrun structure in the Sleipner area of the North Sea by Statoil.
The results from appraisal well 15/3-8 confirm the estimates of Statoil that the Gudrun structure contains at least 150 million barrels of recoverable oil equivalent.
Oil, gas and condensate have earlier been proven in the structure. The appraisal well was drilled to find out if there were enough hydrocarbons in Gudrun to develop the structure.
"Data from the well confirms that the Gudrun discovery is substantial," says Lars Jan Jaarvik, exploration manager for Troll/Sleipner. "Statoil is now looking at various development alternatives."
Gudrun can be developed with a platform or a subsea solution. Production can be transported to a Norwegian or UK installation for further processing and export. This will be clarified later in connection with the development plans.
The Gudrun structure is located in production license 025, some 40 kilometers north of the Sleipner area and 13 kilometers east of the border between the Norwegian and UK sectors of the North Sea.
The well was drilled by the Transocean Leader in 109 meters of water to a total depth of 4,570 meters below sea level, terminating in late Jurassic sediments. The well will be permanently plugged.
Oil and gas were proven in late Jurassic sands. Statoil has completed two successful productions tests, both with a maximum production rate of between 6,000 and 7,000 barrels of oil equivalent (1,000-1,200 cubic meters) per day through a 3/4 inch nozzle opening.
The Transocean Leader is moving to the Skinfaks and Rimfaks fields in the North Sea to drill production wells.
Statoil has a 46.8 percent interest in production license 025 and is operator. The other licensees are Marathon with 28.2 percent, Gaz de France with 12.5 percent and BP with 12.5 percent.
Operates 28 Offshore Rigs
- BP Midstream Partners Seeks To Raise Up To $893MM In IPO (Oct 16)
- BP, Azerbaijan's SOCAR To Sign Caspian Sea Exploration Deal In 2017 (Oct 12)
- Increasing the World's Oil Reserves with Digitization (Oct 09)
Company: Statoil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)
Company: Marathon Oil Company more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Harvey's Wake Tempers Bullish Outlook for US Oil Output Growth (Sep 01)
- RoyalGate to Drill New Well in Equatorial Guinea's Block Z (Sep 25)
- ShaMaran Subsidiary to Contest TAQA Default Notice (Sep 21)
Company: Gaz de France more info
- Grenland Group Delivers Gjoa Subsea Structures (Sep 01)
- Plexus to Supply Wellhead Systems for Mediterranean E&P Activities (Jul 20)
- ELNG Completes First Ever Health & Safety Partnership Program with GE O&G (Jul 15)