Premier Makes Another Natuna Sea Gas Discovery
Premier has made a discovery on Natuna Sea Block A in Indonesia with its operated Lembu-Peteng 1 well.
The well targeted sands in the Arang, Pasir, Intra Barat, and Upper Gabus. Log data indicates the presence of 6 gas zones, and 1 oil zone.
A test has been completed on two of the gas zones, which has yielded 8.5 mmscf/d of gas plus 580 bpd of high quality condensate. A further test of the oil zone will follow shortly.
The Lembu-Peteng discovery lies approximately 14 km to the East of the producing KH field and there are follow-up prospects on the trend.
Premier is the operator of West Natuna Block A with a 28.67% interest, and the other partners in the block are Kufpec (33.33%), Amerada Hess (23%) and Petronas (15%).
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Hess: World Needs New Offshore Oil Investments to Avoid Shortages (Sep 28)
- Hess Slashes 2017 Capital Budget After Quarterly Loss (Jul 26)
- Suriname Signs Offshore Oil Deals with ﻿Exxon, Hess and Statoil (Jul 14)
Company: PETRONAS more info
Operates 9 Offshore Rigs
- Exec: Petronas' Canadian Unit To Look At Other LNG Opportunities (Oct 11)
- Adviser: Malaysia's Petronas Puts Some Canadian Assets Up For Sale (Oct 04)
- Petronas Chem Sells Half Of Polymers Business To Saudi Aramco For $900MM (Oct 02)
Company: Premier Oil more info
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- European Oil Producers' Weak Hedging Shows Bet on Price Rebound (Jul 31)
- Mexico Oil Privatization Pays Off With Billion-Barrel Find (Jul 12)
- Premier Oil Expects Weak Pound To Help Bottom Line (Jan 12)
Company: Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Co. (KUFPEC) more info
- Shell Cancels Sale Of Thai Gas Field Stakes To Kuwait's KUFPEC (Oct 04)
- PETRONAS Awards SK410B PSC Offshore Malaysia to PTTEP-led JV (Jul 22)
- Chevron Signs Up Australia's Alinta To Buy Gas From Wheatstone (Apr 19)