Icon and Santos Sign Farm-in Deal
Icon Energy and Santos Limited have negotiated and signed a farm-in deal in which Santos agrees to pay $676,000 (US$ 486,585) for a 50-percent stake in Icon's planned Stitch No. 1 well in the Surat Basin, Queensland.
The subscription agreement calls for Santos to purchase 10 million fully paid ordinary shares in Icon at a price of 6.76 cents per share. The placement of the shares is conditional on the companies' farmin agreement over ATP 626P and the renewal of that permit, along with approval by Icon's shareholders under Australian Stock Exchange rules.
The consideration for the Santos share investment is AUD 676,000. In addition, Santos has agreed to take up 20,000,000 options to subscribe for fully paid ordinary shares in Icon. The price will be calculated at a 20-percent discount to the shares' average market for the five days prior to the time of exercise.
The price for the issue of the options is AUD 100,000 (US$71,980). The issue of the options is conditional neither on the farmin agreement nor on the renewal of the permit. The options cannot be exercised before December 31, 2006, or after December 31, 2008.
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
- Australia Plans LNG Export Limits to Help Ease Local Price Pain (Apr 27)
- Australia's Santos To Focus On Long-Life Gas In Growth Push (Dec 08)
Company: Icon Energy more info
- Icon Energy, Shantou Sino Energy Extend Deadline for Gas Sales Agreement (Jun 26)
- Icon Secures Renewal of ATP 594 in Queensland's Cooper-Eromanga Basin (May 15)
- Beach Ups Contingent Resources of Nappamerri Trough Project, Chevron Quits (Mar 30)