Statoil Temporarily Reduces Output from Troll A
Due to scrubber repairs, gas production from the Statoil operated Troll A platform in the North Sea will be somewhat reduced until the middle of April.
Two electrically-driven compressors with scrubbers were installed on the platform last year to remove liquid droplets from the gas flow. It was recently discovered that parts of the scrubbers need to be replaced, and the compressors will therefore be out of operation during the repair period.
Delivery capacity from the Troll field in this period will be around 10 percent below normal daily output.
Gas from Troll A is sent by pipeline to the treatment plant at Kollsnes, near Bergen, before the dry gas is sent to the European market.
Statoil is operator for Troll Gas with a 20.8 percent interest. The other licensees are Petoro (56 percent), Hydro (9.8 percent), Shell (8.1 percent), Total (3.7 percent) and ConocoPhillips (1.6 percent).
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sentry Petroleum Appoints Former Norsk Hydro Analyst to Board of Directors (Dec 29)
- Hydro Under Investigation for Former Libya Oil Operations (Oct 07)
- SeaBird First Contract Award for SeaBed Operations (Apr 28)
Company: Shell more info
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Shell, Varo End Talks on Germany Refinery Stake Sale (Oct 06)
Company: Statoil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Total CEO: US Shale Oil Industry To See Wave Of Investment (Oct 18)
- Total's CEO Says Will Try To Move Ahead With Iran Gas Project (Oct 17)
- Total Expands Presence in Mexico (Oct 12)
Company: ConocoPhillips more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Most US Gulf Oil Output Offline Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 06)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
- For ConocoPhillips, Harvey A Test Of Remote Operations (Sep 07)
Company: Petoro more info
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
- Statoil Granted North Sea Drilling Permit by NPD (Dec 21)