Addax Gains Interests in JDZ Blocks
Addax Petroleum announces that it has, together with its co-venturers, signed a production sharing contract (PSC) with the Nigeria/Sao Tome Joint Development Authority (JDA) relating to Block 4 of the Nigeria/Sao Tome Joint Development Zone (JDZ).
The deal entitles Addax to a 33.3-percent participating interest pursuant to a participation agreement with ERHC Energy relating to Block 4. Addax will be the operator of this block.
Addax also signed a further PSC with the JDA relating to Block 3 of the JDZ. This contract gives Addax a 15-percent participating interest under the joint operating agreement relating to this Block. An Anadarko subsidiary is the operator.
"I am delighted that Addax Petroleum has achieved prominent equity positions and operatorship in this highly prospective exploration area," said Addax CEO Jean Claude Gandur. "We are excited about the potential these assets offer our company and its shareholders."
Block 4 covers a gross area of 857 square kilometers (211,773 acres), and the water depth ranges from approximately 1,800 to 2,200 meters. Seismic data acquired over Block 4 are being analyzed to delineate potential drilling locations. Under the terms of the JDA, Addax must pay a signature bonus of US$23.4 million and its share of a minimum committed work program of three exploration wells or a minimum expenditure of $53 million.
Block 3 covers a gross area of 666 square kilometers (164,569 acres). The water depth ranges from approximately 1,700 to 2,100 meters. Seismic data acquired over Block 3 are being analyzed to delineate potential drilling locations. The PSC obligates Addax to pay a $2 million signature bonus and the company's share of a minimum committed work program of one exploration well or a minimum expenditure of $30 million.
The Nigeria-Sao Tome & Principe JDZ is located approximately 200 kilometres offshore Nigeria and is adjacent to areas where several large petroleum discoveries have been made. The JDZ was established in 2001 following the ratification of a formal bilateral treaty between Nigeria and the island nation of Sao Tome and Principe. The JDZ is administered by the JDA.
- No More Free Lunch Is the Big Change Under Way in the Oil Market (Oct 09)
- Anadarko To Spend $2.5B On Massive Share Buyback (Sep 20)
- Harvey Could Become First Hurricane to Strike Texas Since 2008 (Aug 23)
Company: Addax more info
- Chinese-Owned Oil Firm Addax Shuts Offices After Swiss Bribery Case (Aug 07)
- North Sea Decom: 'Campaign Approach' Required to Drive Down Costs (Sep 15)
- Addax Extends Yinson's FPSO Charter Contract for $129M (Oct 20)
Company: ERHC more info
- ERHC, ANP-STP to Start PSC Talks in Mid-Nov. (Oct 18)
- Sinopec Gets JDA Nod for Extension of Exploration Phase in Nigeria (May 19)
- ERHC to Extend Exploration Phase I in JDZ Block 2 (Oct 14)