L&T Completes RS8 Platform for ONGC Ahead of Schedule
With the handing over of the RS8 platform to ONGC on February 17, 2006, Larsen & Toubro Limited (L&T) has completed the huge 9-Well Platform Project ahead of schedule.
L&T's capability to execute 9 platforms together as a single order; the company's top-class project management despite having multiple work centers at Mumbai, Hazira, Batam and other sub-contractors; and timely sourcing of over 40,000 tons of steel and equipment needed from around the world, have been lauded by the client ONGC.
L&T also achieved 1 million man-hours accident-free working during project execution, and carried out many safety studies of the design of the platforms.
L&T was awarded this turnkey project in February 2004 with single point responsibility for the complete engineering, procurement, fabrication and installation of the platforms. The platforms are for boosting oil output from Mumbai High South by around 2.15 million tons per year and increase gas production by 3.87 million cubic meters per day. Fabrication of 5 complete Platforms and 4 additional Topsides were carried out at L&T's world-scale, shore-based works complex at Hazira near Surat.
This landmark completion further underscores L&T's strong execution capabilities for offshore projects in Asian / Gulf region.
Operates 38 Offshore Rigs
Manages 8 Offshore Rigs
- Venezuela's PDVSA To Tap Oil Customers To Pay $449MM To ONGC (Nov 15)
- Sources: India ONGC Strikes 'Good' Offshore Oil, Gas Find (Sep 20)
- India To Acquire Seismic Data Of 48,000 Line kms To Boost Oil, Gas Output (Sep 12)
Company: Larsen & Toubro more info
- LTHE Sees India Investing $5B in Offshore Upstream Sector Over 5 Years (Aug 16)
- GE, LTHE Ink MOU to Manufacture Subsea Manifolds for India's DW Projects (Aug 12)
- LTHE-ECS JV Bags $1.6B EPCI Deal from Saudi Aramco for Hasbah Gas Project (Jul 22)