Hurricane Exploration Secures Rig for West of Shetlands Work
Hurricane Exploration and Sunshine Gas have secured a rig to drill their West of Shetlands prospect in mid 2006. This is a significant achievement in a tight rig market and will allow the partners to participate in the drilling of a high upside oil prospect this year.
Peak Well Management will be the Project Manager which includes the services of the Bredford Dolphin for the drilling of the Wellington Prospect (formally Prospect 2).
Sunshine Oil plc (a wholly owned subsidiary of Sunshine Gas Limited) along with Hurricane Exploration plc were also jointly offered (and have now accepted) 9 blocks in the 23rd Licensing Round on the UK Continental Shelf. The blocks are: 205/04, 205/05, 205/21-24, 205/26, 205/28, 205/30.
Interests: Sunshine Oil plc 50%
Hurricane Exploration plc (Operator) 50%
- Lacerta Operations Update (Nov 06)
- Sunshine Reports Gas Flow Milestone at Lacerta (Mar 05)
- Drilling to Begin on Champagne Creek 2A (Sep 19)
Company: Hurricane Exploration plc more info
- Hurricane Energy to Raise $520 Million to Fund North Sea Field (Jun 29)
- OGA Says Hurricane Can Split Up its West of Shetland License (Nov 09)
- Hurricane Scores Success with Lancaster Appraisal Well (Jun 26)