Songa Offshore to Acquire Stena Dee
Songa Offshore has purchased the semisub, Stena Dee, subject to inspection for US $270 million.
Stena Dee is a Mitsubishi MD602 design, a winterized rig built 1984 in Japan - with a capacity of operating in 1800 ft of water. The rig is currently doing development work at the Troll field for Norsk Hydro.
Stena Dee will be delivered to Songa Offshore ASA, early April 2006, with a back to back bareboat charter to Sellers for a monthly rate of $1.250.000 - until the rig is finished with the Norsk Hydro contract - estimated end of 4th quarter of 2008. The rig will be marketed for employment on the Norwegian and UK sector for commencement 1Q 2009.
The Norwegian sector of the North Sea seems to
face high drilling demand in the coming years.
Stena Dee is well known among customers and well
positioned for business in this promising
market. There is a record number of applicants
for new licenses in Norwegian waters.
Manages 7 Offshore Rigs
- Norway Rig Workers Agree Wage Deal, Avoid Strike (Jun 25)
- Statoil Takes $350M Hit on Angola Exploration Halt (Nov 21)
- 3Legs Sells its Last Polish Shale Gas Concessions (Nov 05)
Company: Songa Offshore ASA more info
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Songa Offshore to Cut 430 Jobs Due to Ongoing Norway Oil, Gas Strikes (Sep 30)
- Songa Encourage Rig Commences 8-Year Statoil Drilling Contract (Apr 12)