Keppel Finalizes Contract with Atwood for Newbuild Jackup
Keppel AmFELS reports that its contract with a wholly-owned subsidiary of Atwood Oceanics for the construction of a new jackup rig is now effective.
This contract follows the Letter of Intent signed between the two companies announced on February 7, 2006.
The rig, excluding Owner Furnished Equipment, is valued at US$110 million and is due for delivery in the third quarter of 2008.
Said Mr. Ho Cheok Yuen, President and CEO of Keppel AmFELS, "We are glad that Atwood recognises our ability to deliver solutions on time and on budget. I am certain that when delivered, this new rig will be a great addition to Atwood's fleet of rigs."
This new rig will be built to the LeTourneau Super 116E design, with leg lengths of 477 feet (and can be upgraded to 511 feet), and capable of drilling wells up to 30,000 feet deep in water depths of 350 feet.
Mr. John Irwin, President of Atwood Oceanics, said "Atwood and its affiliates are pleased to have the opportunity to work with Keppel AmFELS on this jackup project. Keppel AmFELS has a long established reputation as a strong shipyard with extensive experience in the construction of ultra-premium jackup drilling units."
Located in Brownsville, Texas, Keppel AmFELS is one of the best-equipped offshore yards in the area, serving customers operating in the Gulf of Mexico and internationally. With this new rig, Keppel AmFELS is constructing a total of seven jackup rigs for Atwood, Scorpion Offshore and Diamond Offshore. The yard is also building two accommodation platforms for PEMEX and a sludge vessel for the City of New York and undertaking the repair works of four offshore structures.
- Ensco Acquires Atwood Oceanics, Lays Off Staff (Oct 10)
- Atwood Oceanics Offshore Employees in Australia Agree to New EBA (Aug 23)
- Transocean, Atwood Oceanics Lay Off 200 Offshore Workers in Texas (Feb 06)
Company: Keppel FELS more info
- Keppel FELS Delivers Floatel Triumph, Upcoming Work at Wheatstone Field (Sep 30)
- Asia Oil, Gas Layoffs Mount as Industry Recovery Stays Elusive (Sep 08)
- Keppel FELS Delivers Jackup UMW Naga 8 to Malaysia's UMW Oil & Gas (Sep 02)