Latemore 2 Well Flows Gas from Three Zones


Roma Shelf - Gippsland Basin
(Click to Enlarge)
Sunshine Gas reports that the Latemore 2 well on the Roma Shelf is being cased and suspended following a gas flow from the basement section over the weekend. This is in addition to the previously announced gas flow of 2.5 MMcfd from the Rewan Formation and 0.29 MMcfd from the Precipice Sandstone.

Sunshine Gas advises that the Latemore 2 appraisal well in PL 5 (Roma Shelf) Surat Basin Queensland, will be cased and suspended pending completion after successfully flowing gas from a number of zones including basement. The basement gas flow was only minor but did demonstrate the presence of movable hydrocarbons. The well results are highly encouraging in terms of the potential for additional conventional gas discoveries in Sunshine's partly owned Roma Shelf properties.

Santos is the operator of the well with 85% and Sunshine Gas' subsidiary, Interstate Pipelines holds the remaining 15%.

Events  SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER

Our Privacy Pledge
SUBSCRIBE


Most Popular Articles


From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
Office Manager
Expertise: Asset Management|Operations Management|Secretarial or Administrative
Location: Von Ormy, TX
 
Fluid Analysis Specialist
Expertise: Geoscientist
Location: Houston, TX
 
Geologist II Job
Expertise: Geologist
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
 
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $50.64/BBL 0.62%
Light Crude Oil : $48.04/BBL 1.47%
Natural Gas : $3.01/MMBtu 2.58%
Updated in last 24 hours